Early Recovery Skills Program Modules
The Early Recovery Skills modules teach essential skills for establishing a reduction in or abstinence from substance use.
ERS 1 - Stop the Cycle
- Introduction to substance related triggers, thoughts, and cravings.
- Explanation of how substance related triggers, thoughts, and cravings are linked.
ERS 2 - External Triggers
- Identification of factors in your external environment (e.g., people, places, situations, objects, times, things) which trigger thoughts, cravings, and substance use.
- Learning ways to manage external triggers.
ERS 3 - Internal Triggers
- Identification of factors in your internal environment (e.g., thoughts, emotions, physiological sensations) which trigger cravings, and substance use.
- Learning ways to manage internal triggers.
ERS 4 - Managing Cravings
- Learning strategies to manage cravings.
ERS 5 - Thought Distancing
- Learning techniques to create space from substance-related thoughts/thinking (thought distancing).
ERS 6 - Scheduling
- Learning the importance of scheduling.
- Learning how to effectively schedule your time.
ERS 7 - Roadmap to Recovery
- Introduction to the stages involved in recovering from substance dependence.
- Learning what to expect in recovery over time.
ERS 8 - Common Challenges in Early Recovery
- Introduction to common challenges in early recovery.
- Creating coping plans for these common challenges.
ERS 9 - Thinking, Feeling, Doing
- Introduction to thoughts, feelings, and behaviours.
- Explanation of how thoughts, feelings, and behaviours are connection.
ERS 10 - Emotion Regulation
- Learning strategies to assist in regulating emotions and to cope with challenging emotions.