Bridging the Gap Between AOD and Mental Health Treatment
The counselling clinic offers clients who are participating in one of our programmes, psychological assessment, support and treatment for mental health conditions.
Many people who have a dependence on drugs or alcohol also suffer from a range of mental health conditions including anxiety, depression, trauma or have another mental health diagnosis.
- The Counselling service offers: Mental health assessments and individual, regular counselling sessions with one of the team of psychologists and AOD counsellors.
- Weekly groups providing support, information and effective strategies to assist clients who are having difficulty managing stress, regulating their emotions or who suffer from social anxiety.
The clinic team utilise a range of different evidence-based approaches, including:
- Motivational interviewing
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Solution-focused therapy
- Trauma informed therapy
The counselling clinic team are caring and committed to the well-being of their clients and provide a non-judgemental, safe space for people in their recovery. Contact us for more information about our programme.